Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of these nice looking covers, and a cam which lifts .576 + Crane Energizer roller rockers.By initiative check it looked like the covers would fit, by grinding away the oil splash shield under the fill-in tube. Any experiences guys?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is typical to have to remove those baffles on the stock valve covers w/ roller rockers. May need to grind a bit on the reinforcement ribs too. A thicker valve cover gasket couldn't hurt anything either or maybe double up on them to gain some clearance as well.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I used the Mustang aluminum valve covers that came stock on my 85 and the FMS 1.72 ratio rockers cleared with no mods, using a B-303 cam.

·
Registered
128 Posts
True, I should have said it isn't unusual to have to gring on the valve covers a bit.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-05-24 00:48, 289Mustang wrote:
It is typical to have to remove those baffles on the stock valve covers w/ roller rockers. May need to grind a bit on the reinforcement ribs too. A thicker valve cover gasket couldn't hurt anything either or maybe double up on them to gain some clearance as well.
I just talked with my nephew (BOSSLX) and he says that's what he had to do to clear 1.6 motorsport rockers and stock HO covers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts