Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a 5.0/AOD swap into my 65 mustang. I know that it would be ideal to find a 89-93 mass air mustang in the junkyard with everything intact and transfer everything over, but fantasy aside, what other cars can i use. If i plan on getting the main wiring harness from ford racing (universal hot rod one) and a mass air meter and mass air computer from another source, can I then just pull a fuel injected motor from an earlier mustang/thunderbird/or full size ford/lincoln with the 5.0 motor? Internals of the motor dont matter since i will rebuild it, but what about the esternal fuel injection - injector harness, throttle body, egr, sensors, etc. I know some have the intake reverse of the mustang, but can i just turn it the other way? any info on this swap is appreciated.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, can i use the explorer intake setup - intake, throttle body, injectors, egr spacer, sensors, etc? Are all post 85 302 blocks setup for roller cam even if they didnt come with one?

·
Registered
809 Posts
The Mustang or Thunderbird/Cougar has the best configuration harness for swapping. Most of the full size cars seem to have the computer on the driver side.

The standard 5.0s all have the crappy E6SE heads, mild cam, and smaller throttle body, also the firing order is different.

As far as rotating the upper intake it is designed to fit either way.

In a perfect world complete '89-'93 Mustang would be the best canidate. There was one in a local(VA) paper for $1500.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TurboCoupe50 on 3/5/02 1:16am ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts