Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Ford F150 with the 5.4L Triton engine. A while ago, while towing an 18 ft boat, under deceleration, it started missing i think. Only while towing, and only on deceleration. It kind of sounds like a diesel and almost stalls.
A friend thought it might be the torque converter not letting go. So I had the trans gone thru.
Started towing a camper, and same issue. Under deceleration, under load. I then had the plugs changed. To the tune of $600! No change.
I then recently had the coil packs changed. Thinking they may be shorting out under load. Went and picked up the camper, drove the 25 miles to home. No problem. Great, I thought it was solved. NOT! As soon as I slowed behind my house to park the camper, it did it again. Except this time the check engine light came on. I flashed the code, and it came back P0345 & P0340.
Reading some other posts that suggested resetting the code, I did. Drove to work and back with no problems. No codes.
My question is, what may be causing this to happen only under deceleration and under load. (usually. If it is hot out, it will some times do it under normal deceleration.) I can avoid it happening by placing the shifter in neutral at the start of deceleration, but as we all know, this isn't the safest practice.
Some please have an answer for me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a nice-looking new 2010 F-150 with a 5.4 Triton engine. I am developing some buyer's remorse because two different Ford mechanics told me that this engine was discontinued in the 2011 F-150's because it is a very poor engine with a bad reputation.

I recently bought a new good-looking 2010 F-150 with a 5.4 Triton engine. I have remorse for the buyer because two different Ford mechanics told me that this engine has been discontinued since the 2011 F-150 because it is a very bad engine and has a bad reputation.
5.4 Triton Engine's main problems are https://cararac.com/blog/5-4-triton-engine-problems.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts