Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about doing a 5-lug conversion on a 92 gt. Where exactly can I get the parts and which do i need? It has to be inexpensive as possible. thanks

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Well, for the rear, you can use Ranger axles, the driver's side only (I think..could be the passenger side, so you'll have to find two different donor trucks. For the front, find a Lincoln Mark 7.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You will need a set of front rotors from a 1983-88 Ranger for the front. They are a direct swap to retain the 10" front disk brakes. The rear axles need to come from a 1983-92 Ford Ranger or Bronco-II, left, drivers side only. They must come from a 4-cylinder or a 3.6L-V6. You can also get the passenger side axle from a 1986-97 Aerostar van. The axles will be a direct swap for the 7.5 or 8.8 rear. They measure 29-5/32" long. Note: you cant use axles from a 4.0L Ranger, they have 10" drums w/wider 8.8" rear. I sell them on e-bay, but you could pull them yourself for about for $30.00 for the rear axles. Front rotors I would go with N.O.S. from the local parts store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts