Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new 520 cubic inch stroker 460 Ford engine.

SPECS

0.30 over bore 13.5 to 1 JE pistons custom made for TFS A-460 chambers.

SCAT 9000 4.300 stroke crank

SCAT 6.800 H Beam Rods

TFS A-460 heads 340 CC

TFS A-460 4-V intake with spacer to port entry porting / blending to match 1150 CFM 4500 Holley

BRE custom order 1150 CFM Holley 4500 HP

.725 lift 275 @ 0.50 Comp Cam Solid Roller

Crane Gold Racer Roller Rockers

Jomar Rocker Stud Girdles

Meziere Electric Water Pump 55 GPM

Fabricated Valve Covers

Romac Balancer

Riechard Racing Billet Timing Pointer

Moroso Stage II Drag Racing Oil Pan

Ford SVO Oil Pump and Shaft

RollMaster Timing Chain

MSD Pro Billet Distributor

1966 Comet Capri 520 CID
1966 Galaxie 500 XL 428 CID
2000 Excursion LTD 444 CID

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 5/17/06 1:51pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 5/21/06 11:16am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the car.....It's still going to look stock-ish.....No stickers, stock glass windows,carpet inside,factory door panels, factory type bucket seats,all steel body panels and bumpers.....

1966 Comet Capri 520 CID
1966 Galaxie 500 XL 428 CID
2000 Excursion LTD 444 CID

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 5/17/06 2:33pm ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Yes it was a 289 when I picked the car up but, I really wanted a "all motor" Big Block in her.....We are not tuning the engine for "all out" power we are tuning it for the street use it will see....I would never want a "track only" car.....

A-460 heads BBC exhaust port.....I'm sure it will be a powerfull engine bordering on scary / insane ...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
What was the reasion going with the T-400??
Tim

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2006-05-17 06:00, pedal2themetal45 wrote:
What was the reasion going with the T-400??
Tim

Yea, it was really just asking around and researching what guys were running to see what they said?

I found the trans that could take the most abuse for the longest time was a TH 400...

The engine was also designed to last longer than most engines in this HP class....I could make a lot more power with a bigger cam and 557 cubes ( both of those things would have not cost me any more ) but, we wanted a street motor that would be longer lasting and easy on parts....

The dyno pulls we make will reveal the best tune it needs and I will also chassis dyno the car in the future.

Alan, I did think about going with this type of engine for a Galaxie but, in the end I thought the Comet would be neat and get more results with it's lighter weight.....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hmmm. I came to the same conclusion so I now have a 67 Fairlane I am working on. I still have the Galaxie though.

Alan, I did think about going with this type of engine for a Galaxie but, in the end I thought the Comet would be neat and get more results with it's lighter weight.....

[/quote]

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2006-05-17 09:20, AlanCasida wrote:
Hmmm. I came to the same conclusion so I now have a 67 Fairlane I am working on. I still have the Galaxie though.

Yep, I love your Galaxie Alan!

I still have my 66 Galaxie too, I really like the new engine combo I have in it, I'm installing a new fuel system as we speak.....I also added MSD 6 AL, aluminum Radiator, Electric Fans and new wheels for it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Welcome back Tom. I was just driving back to office thinking about you and Cook and how this site has sucked without you.
Go Pack. What do you think about A.J. Hawk as their first pick? Bob.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome back DT. We've been waitin' to hear from ya. Sounds like a pretty potent package you put together there. Lookin' forward to hearing/seeing it sometime. Give the fellas at the other place a jingle.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Welcome back DT!

Did'nt the Comet have a sweet 289? I still have a vid of it on my HD.

That thing is going to be a freaking MONSTER!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts