Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the new 520 BBF N/A engine.....

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/DynoTom/?action=view&current=830HP.flv

I'm already working on a STAGE II engine build that will make some REAL BIG power.....

2000 Excursion 444 CID "4x4 LIMITED"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 10/27/06 10:59pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 10/28/06 2:00am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
830 horsepower. That's it. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blown68 on 10/25/06 5:45am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys !

I really had a good time researching this build...

I wanted a street engine that would make some pretty good power "all motor"....

I could have took the TFS A-460 heads into a much higher HP build than this engine has but, there are some issues with a street engine I wanted to address....

A 4.300 stroke crank is much easier on the pistons and ring packs than a 4.500 stroker crank would be....

A 520 cubic inch motor will not have as much cooling demand as a 557,572 or 598 would have.....I made this engine for 80 % street use and I only have so much room for the radiator...

The camshaft I'm using will be VERY easy on the valvetrain as the heads are set up to take a .850 lift cam, so this engine overall will last quite a long time compared to other set ups in the 800-850 range....

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys !

I think it turned out pretty good....I was really shooting for 800 HP and it's nice to know we made that and more...

I think you have to take all the advice you find on a engine build and figure out what will work for you.....

I was doing a lot of research about this engine and some guys said "too little of a cam to make power" and "too little cubes" to make good torque.....

I'm starting on another BBF build now as I can really only do these types of deals getting parts "little by little" ..

I'm going into the 4 digit HP numbers this time!

I have another new set of the bigger valve A-460 heads and TFS A-460 tunnel ram here but, if those parts do not fit the build plan I will not use them, I figure it's better to use parts you need then to use parts you have that might not work in the end....

I have a lot of things to figure out with the new build.....I have to settle on some things as even the shortblock parts can't be purchased with knowing bore,stroke and compression....

I guess I got bit by the Horsepower bug ! Driving some of the HP cars I have lately really made me want some power too!

It's strange how you get used to big Horsepower and you end up wanting more!!!!

My next BBF stroker will make my current "street 520" seem pretty weak.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts