Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way to go Mikey.Good times for a new combo. I especially liked the way he got used to it by not holding back on the first pass. My kind of guy!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Sounds like a blast to me
I know he'll have a lot of fun with it for a while before he's ready for more power. Should be pretty close to you Greg once he gets the traction problem lined out. I bet it's a "hoot" on the street. I'm taking mine out to the track even before the rollcage is made just to get a "feel" of an adrenaline rush again when the 466 is in and running. Musta been funny seeing his hands shake. That's when you know somebody is really having fun. The shakes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 89 coupe on 5/26/02 8:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
291 Posts
well it was wild, heres the spec's.60ft 1.571,330ft 4.413, 1/8 mile 6.738, 1/8 mph 105.35 , 1000ft 8.757, 1/4 10.475 @130.77mph. if i can get the hopping under control, should shave 2/10ths?. Ill go with drag shocks and maybe cal-tracs. any suggestions?

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Cal-Tracs are an excellent choice. Once you talk to Calvert himself he will probably give you a shock package that he wants you to use with his product. He may even ask you to change the front coil springs to a trick spring. He seems to favor the Rancho shocks, maybe for thier stiffness on the rear? what ever he tells you assume it is gospel and I would not very from his recomendations. Beleive me it will save you time and money in the long run. Good luck and congrats on an awesome first trip to the races. I don't know if Charlie Booze is a dealer for Cal-Tracs or not but I know they run them on his Torino and Mike Smith's Orange mid 9 second Mach 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.