Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the deal, this is going to sound a little vague but bare with me. I am looking at getting a 90 vert mustang this week and was wanting to get some advice. he told me what it had let me see what i remember.

557 stroker, e85, 950 dominator, polished/ported weiand stealth(didnt know flow numbers), polished/ported aluminum heads(trickflow i believe, again didnt know the flow number), lunati voodoo cam(he told me which one but i didnt catch it), forged flat top pistons, i-beams, balanced forged crank, 11.5:1 CR, 2.25 primary longtube headers w/ 3" staight pipes, built c6 w/ 8" 3500 stall and 4.30 posi rear

he said it has 550-600rwhp but that it ran 11's which sounds insanely slow. in the pics he does have pony wheels on it so he does probably have street tires. besides slicks(which will be coming) what can i do to make it even faster. Id like to hit that 750rwhp mark. ofcourse it will all depend on what i find exactly when i get the build sheet but off what i can tell you now, what do you guys think about getting more power out of it? any better intakes? with 11.5:1 and E85 can i run laughing gas? what about forced induction? this is my first E85 car and ive heard its a whole new ballgame. this is just going to be my car for making some money on the side(or some cars;))

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
We could go all over the map with this. For lack of info, I'd wait until you get the build list and spec's, as you'll need a specific plan. I'm not so sure about a money car. Around here, there are a couple street clubs that hit the test n' tune nights at the strip for tuning and grudges, and at least half a dozen are in the 9's and a couple in the 8's. None of them trailer to the strip (part of member rules I hear). It takes a serious racer to bet his ride and pride. Maybe you can sting some rice rockets and bikes for some cash, as most of the better street-legal imports run mid-11's - around here anyway. Just sayin'. Maybe the pickin's are better around your neck of the woods.

David

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya. I don't know about pinks but there are definitely plenty of people that would race for some cash. The majority of the "fast" cars around here that I've seen have had 500-600hp and running low-mid tens. Which is why I wanted a little edge. Bit more of a general question. Im new to ethanol, I know 11.5:1 is to high to run boost on gas but what does e85 like for boost? I've heard e85 likes higher compression and boost. As far as compression ratio goes is 11.5 poor is it still too high? Anybody on here an e85 expert that can explain it a lil more?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts