Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 57 ranchero a rare and desired model? I just got one and I don't know that much about it. The one I got is two tone with all the trim and chrome.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
More than two years ago, a friend of mine living in Denver was all proud that he now had an old car, a 1957 Ranchero. Ran good, 'cept someone installed a Mercury 312, had a 1958 hood, Edsel tail lights, and 1958 body side moulding.

But looked good otherwise.

He found out the same story I was trying to tell him from a place downtown Denver. He tried to deny it, as was told someplace that it was a "transistion" car, and rare. Then found out years ago, someone just adapted in most of everything over the decades as they easily bolt on. Had been re-painted like five times.

He traded that Mongrel for a Mustang.

Wm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
57 are not a rare car,what make 57's rare is the engine(e or f code) these are the 312 hipo engines e code is the 2x4 version of the 312 and the f code is the supercharged version of the 312. this goes for any 57 ford. there is a guy in the dakotas that has thousands of 57's but i understand they are not for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts