Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this before. I am planning of doing a conversion, i have a 351 and a c4 trans ready to go, but i was wondering if anyone knew of a kit i can pick up for this. It currently has a freshly rebuilt 223 with about 300 miles on it, runs strong (if anyone is looking) mounted to a 3 speed manual. It does not have overdrive, ar any other "luxury" items in it.

Also has anyone done a front end replacement i.e. independant front susp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Look at Speedway Motors, Autokrafters, etc for a cradle type engine mount crossmember and new tranny mount crossmember. I used that setup on my 64 F-100 (302/C-4) several yeras ago and yours is very simular. The factory trans support will have to come out though. It's in the way.

Good luck, Phil

64 F-100 4x4
66 Mustang

http://groups.msn.com/FordGalaxieCollector/farphrumfinishd.msnw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Customcab on 10/8/06 1:03pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Customcab on 10/8/06 1:03pm ]</font>

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dennis Carpenter & NPD have the motor mount kit also.

getting an indep. front suspension will be either costly or require alot of fabbing. There is the mustang II type kits, replacement aftermarket frame (Fatman has one, I think), some have swapped to a 65-79 f100/150 twin I beam frame (lot of work w/ the body mounts I hear), or graft on the front clip of a car. Some have swap the frame out for a crown vic frame.

Might try searching on FTE, Fordification, slick 60's web sites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts