Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my parents are hopefully going to sell me their 6 cylindar 66 mustang for cheep, it has a perfect interior and body, with the exception that it needs a new paint job since the factory coat is still there (though it still is pretty good)

the 6 is good for me right now, i need the gas milage since it will be a daily driver, and im in college, so money is tight.

does anyone know any sights that have info for inline 6 preformance?

also i want to swap out the C4 auto and drop in a T5 is this possiblre without tearing up too much of the drivetrain?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I looked into what I could do for my six for a long time, decided to go with a 289... but I did find a lot of information.

The easiest things are a header, cam, and maybe some carb modifications. You can get all the parts out of a PAW catalog. Since the intake is cast to the head you are a little limited in options to make it breath better.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
hmmm T5 and a six. Shouldn't be that tough since I *think* the six's had a the same bellhousing pattern. I dont know for sure.
The only stumbling points would be the driveshaft and rear end yoke possibly.
but i'm sure it could be done.

·
Registered
522 Posts
One of the Ford Mustang mags did this swap not tooo long ago. I think it was a Mustang Monthly article. They had a parts list in it. I don't subscribe to that mag, so have no past issues. Surely someone here will have one. Good Luck!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have you tryed this site yet. http://home.cfl.rr.com/mustangsix/ it has some cool links too. you may think of trying a set of Australian V2 heads. its a has a removeable alum. intake. and has a weber DGV crab. plate. and the 250 i6 has the v8 bolt patten, so a t5 will work find on it. also i think the 170 and 200 i-6 have the same bolt patten as the 2.3 i4. and the t-bird turbo couple have a hydraulic clutch, so the swap should be petty easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 66Fairlane on 1/4/02 8:48am ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts