Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking under my car last night, no sway bars. I am not super familiar with Falcon suspension so I have to ask, did six cylinder cars come with sway bars? If not do they have mounting points where I can add them?

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Mine came without one! Originally a 6 banger 2 door sedan. The mounting points are there. I eventually installed a 1" specimen from Falconparts.com and it fit perfect.

Matt

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
634 Posts
I bought my 64 new with the 6 cy and it never came with one , i did instal one a few years later and it made a big difference. The v/8 ones all came with it i believe .

·
Registered
381 Posts
That is if you consider that piece of spaghetti a sway bar! Mine is still the original and I'm looking forward to changing it to a beefier one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 64 new with the 6 cy and it never came with one , i did instal one a few years later and it made a big difference. The v/8 ones all came with it i believe .
don't mean to hijack this tread.... you've had your car 49 years? wow! I haven't keep anything 49 years, not even my hair.

·
Registered
634 Posts
don't mean to hijack this tread.... you've had your car 49 years? wow! I haven't keep anything 49 years, not even my hair.
:cool:Yes , traded in a 56 fairlane for it. It was the family car for a few years and then it became the toy to mess around with. I changed it back and forth from a 6cy to a v/8 , suspension and all at least four times. Had Granada spindles and a 9" rear under it for a few years , all removed now. It's been given to one of my kids now but they haven't came and picked it up yet , so i drive it . It's been driven a lot with over 300,000 miles on it. Three 6cy and four v/8 engines , Dagenham 4/sp , T-10 4/sp and c/4 tranys have been in and out of it many times . I think i have spent half of my life under it changing something. Done working on it ,now my son in law can do it.:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
My 260 mercury meteor didnt have one either

1 - 11 of 11 Posts