Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 61 falcon stationwagon. It needs rear quarters, but the standard length falcon quarter is shorter than the wagon. I was wondering if the ranchero quarter is longer like the wagon or if it's the standard falcon length. I don't have a ranchero around here to measure off of. If it is the same as the wagon, where do ranchero owners find their quarters? Do you buy stock falcon quarters and fabricate the extra length? I hoping to start accumulating parts for the body work on the car shortly after the holidays, so any insight would help tremendously.- Mike

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Checked the Dearborn Classics catalog, they don't list a Ranchero or Falcon Station Wagon Quarter for your year - They do list a Falcon Quarter Rear section. I don't believe that anyone is making them specific to the Ranchero or the Wagon - but I did modify one about 18 years ago by splitting the panel midway from top to bottom, mounted it at the front and back and then added a center section of steel to fill the gap, welded it all up and glazed the panel for finish. Worked out well, when the truck was sold a couple of years ago the repairs were still strong and showed no signs of rusting out again or anything showing from the repair. Hope this is helpful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts