Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on how much power Ill make with it? It should be on the dyno in two or three weeks and I would love to hear your opinions of estimates on #'s. No sense trying to use the desktop program ,the forced induction varible is way out to lunch.

4.50 stroke
4.62 bore
9.1 cr
272 duration on ex .0.050 264 duration on intake .665 lift
cam might seem small to na engines, but is bds blowers suggustion for the supercharger
edelbroke heads ported to flow 370 intake and 245 ex at .700 lift. all lifts gained around 30 cfm over stock head
bds 871 stage 3 race blower
14 pounds of boost, will run on c16 (final cr while under boost around 14:1
two 1320 dominators

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Rick
I am jealous. Your going to be on the dyno be for me

Still waiting for my MSD & March stuff,along with a confirmation on the injection system (still looking at alcohol) then it is time to put together.
On a guess-timate, I will say around 960
That, I think , is conservative.
Fred

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Noslofoord is right, it will not be the horsepower that will be the problem(?) but the torque. On a roots blown motor the torque is there at the touch of the pedal and is massive. I hope the rest of your car is up to it.

If I was to hazzard a guess I would say about 1000hp but the torque will also be over 1000 lbs.

Blown54:
I have run blown motors for years and I can't push alcohol enough. The real deal is detonation. On an unblown motor you can live with some for a while, on a blown motor it ain't happening at all. If you pull your plugs and see flexs of aluminum or your bearings are really spread out on the top rod bearings you will need to fatten it up.

Sorry this got so long.

jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts