Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about these heads. C6FE 6090C aluminum heads. the guy says 427 gt program. Anyone know more info.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Old GT40 heads maybe? The C6FE threw me, I never come across any becasue they're aluminum, meaning not a regular production head for an FE engine. So the GT-40 performance platform makes sense.
Over on Club Cobra Forum they were mentioned about 6 years ago, someone said they're not all that and everything aftermarket now day's far our performs them...

According to Tom kirkham "Aluminum MR heads were used on the GT40 MKIIa and other lightweight engines like the 67 GT500 Supersnake."

That's all I can offer. I'll give ya $25 bucks each for them. We can go halves on shipping.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are on ebay right now. Thanks for the info. I am gonna have to pass on the offer and the halfsies.

·
Premium Member
3,934 Posts
GT40 head, revision of the C5 alum head, reportedly thicker gasket sealing surface, but I have never really heard a spec.

With a port job they'd be competitive with most anything, but they'd need to be gone through to be as reliable as a modern head.

Back then valves use to pop off like dandelion heads and springs were very low quality.

Old FE guys love old FE stuff, I bet they bring big bucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts