Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anybody has pictures of unibody pickups from the 60s. Specifically 63 or 64 mercuries.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Just for those who don't know Mercury made the Ford Trucks in Canada. I think they looked the same just had Mercury on it instead of Ford?
Tim

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Actually both Ford and Mercury trucks were available in Canada. Often small communities her could not support two dealers so Mercury was allowed to sell trucks to support themselves. Mercury also sold a "Falcon" in 1960 called the "Frontenac" but soon had the Comet to sell when the Edsel marque folded. Stu

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FE, I'm looking for pictures of the unibody trucks not the F/M-100s. 64, thats what I'm looking for, but thats a Ford. The mercuries were more upscale, with more chrome and a wraparound back window. I've tried looking for pictures of them on the net, but they seem to be pretty rare.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wasn't 63 the last year for a unibody?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
A buddy of mine had a 63 in high school.It had been customized by a previous owner using the parts from a buick wildcat.It had the buckets,console(with factory tach and shifter) and tilt steering from the buick as well as the 401 engine.After we spun a crank bearing twice in the buick mill we swapped in a 429 Police motor.The thing was pretty quick for a truck.He sold it once he started college.Sure would like to have that truck today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts