Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, same here. $900 doesn't seem that bad for a classic, besides, he said best offer!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm going to check it out on Friday, the guy has no clue about cars, he told me the cruise-o was a three speed but can only be shifted into two gears!
He also told me he blew the head gasket and took it all apart but he cant get the lifters out.
The only rust is in the front door corners and a fist size spot in the trunk. I'm thinking about offering him $300 for the car becuase I want the 390 for my 66.
Anything else I should look for guys?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I like the way the 4drs look. I already have a 66 4dr hardtop.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, they only other galaxies I have seen in SD have been 2 dr and they are pricey! Take what you can afford, but I would rather have 4dr than a 2dr. I just think they are cooler....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha, good point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought this car for $200. Anyone know if there is any interchangability for body parts, and interior from other years?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aww so it was you! I was going to buy it the next day he put the post but you beat me to it! So how bad was it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: surfib on 5/16/06 12:48am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: surfib on 5/16/06 12:48am ]</font>

·
Registered
4 Posts
The car has rust in a few small areas. One spot on the bottom of the drivers door, one on the front of the hood, and a little rust in the trunk. I have been playing around with body work off and on for a few years, so I know the basic principles. I bought this car to have fun with. I will more than likely do it up rat rod style just for fun. For $200 I figure I have nothing to lose. He tore down the top 1/2 of te engine, so I will need to throw it back together. I will pull the heads, and have them cleaned up, and do a whole new set of gaskets. Other than that, it should be up and running in no time. It is missing some of the trim, but nothing serious. He just put a brand new windsheild in it, and it came with a brand new optima red top. Those 2 items alone make it worth what I paid. If any of you local guys would like to lend a hand with the engine, I could use it. This is my first ford, and I have never had a car this old.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here is what my $ 250.00 galaxie looks like after paint and rims

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sleepysal on 5/16/06 7:59am ]</font>

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I might be able to help out with the motor. Where is SD are you?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're not too far from me. I'm i the south bay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts