Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 61 starliner project. My only concern with the car is that it is missing the front and rear and rear window stainless moudlings. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the front windshield mouldings off a 61 4 door would fit the starliner. I know the rears are totally different but from looking at pics the fronts might be the same. For the rears I'm wondering how hard would they be to come up with. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have read that the 61 Starliner and Sunliner use the same front glass so the outer trim pieces should fit? I have not found any rear glass trim parts that interchange with the Starliner from a Galaxie however?
If you can find a 4 door 61 Fairlane, the low level one with the large back window you might be able to make it work as it looks the closest even thought the glass does not look the same. I also believe the Fairlane front trim will fit the Starliner but have not personally done it myself. I have laid up the lower part and the two side pieces next to one of my Starliners parts and they appear to be the same? The top part however looks to have a little less curve right in the center but I suspect one could make it work with a little effort.
Also there is an Edsel (ranger I think) that uses the Starliner front and rear glass and trim parts and the Canadian Mercury called a Montcalm that uses the Starliner parts.
None of the 60 Starliner front or rear glass parts will interchange with the 61. Even though the glass book indicates they both use the same glass I can assure they do not.

Scott...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts