Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello you all
I am looking for a alternator bracket for a 62 galaxie 406 4speed. If anyone knows where I can find one, please send me and email. I am helping a good friend of mine to locate one.
thank you all,
skyness

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Why not use the original generator bracket, and bolt? All you have to do is buy a 6" black pipe nipple and saw it off to fit. It makes a spacer from the back of the bracket to the rear of the alternator, and works for me.

BTW The nipple will need to be 3/8" ID.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 4/23/06 12:47pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 4/23/06 12:50pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
If it is a 62 block I don't think the boss for the alt bracket is there. I think it was started in 64. There were alt available for police use (Leece Neville) but used different brackets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello you all
I am looking for a alternator bracket for a 62 galaxie 406 4speed. If anyone knows where I can find one, please send me and email. I am helping a good friend of mine to locate one.
thank you all,
skyness
I sell a polished stainless steel mounting kit for the early FE engines. Here is a link to my website: C.R.A.P. INDUSTRIES Item #92264 Gen to Alt conversion or you can call me direct @ 815 634 8216

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
If it is a 62 block I don't think the boss for the alt bracket is there. I think it was started in 64. There were alt available for police use (Leece Neville) but used different brackets.
Correct. See attached below-

Look @ PART #5. Where the spacer (still available) goes to the head, the drilled hole most likely will not be there. C.R.A.P. make a special mounting bracket for that problem and then you can either use their brackets or OEM (63/64).

CRITES also offer kits but I am not sure if they are fabricated or take-offs.

I prefer the OEM look but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
He's been here since 2006, and just made his first post.
So did CRAP.

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Hang on a minute......I just realised that this thread started in 2006, and the guy never came back.

CRAP, who also joined in 2006 but has never posted anything, decides to answer now and bring the thread back to the top.

Time to let this one go again......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts