Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I know this has been asked a million times but I need clarity...

I know there is a module that can be installed on a "non internally regulated" alternator and a diagram as well. I get that!! I want to put in a 1 wire "internally regulated" alternator... 1) What is the wiring for it? 2) Does the factory regulator and condensor just get scrapped and if so where do all the old wires go?

Thanks...

·
Registered
420 Posts
I did the one wire in my Buick. The output just goes to the battery +, or where it connects to the starter solenoid. If I remember correctly, I just clipped and capped all the regulator wires. It's been a while. Sorry, not much help there. They serve no function for the one wire, so you could just pull it all out.

Great setup though. I had 3 electric fans, and a huge electric fuel system running at all times. Once it was kicked on, that sucker ran it all, even at low speeds. I had to opt for the 100-or so amp version.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just disconnected and capped all the wires from generator and fitted an Audi a4 120 amp to my 63 289 one wire thru the ignition so interior bulb works and a 200amp wire to solenoid. It works perfectly was cheap and fits generator bracket .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.