Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

'62 Galaxie Dash Speaker Grille Doesn't Sit Flush?

10K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  5851a 
#1 ·
Hey guys - I have a '62 Sunliner that I am restoring. I am having trouble figuring out the proper setup for the dash grille that sits right about the speaker. When I got the car, the grille wasn't sitting flush like I have seen on other Galaxies. After removing the grille, I still can't seem to see what the proper setup is. Is it supposed to sit flush? Is it supposed to be raised an inch in the front (as shown in the pic)?

Help is very much appreciated, thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
As 63Ford406 said, you have the grill for a car with a padded dash. In 62 and probably some other years, there are two different speaker grills, depending on if you have a padded dash or not. You definitely have the grill for a padded dash. You need to find a grill for a non padded dash. It is more curved from front to back.

#13 ·
hey Gary ...
good to see you back....
been very quiet around here lately... seems like all the regulars hi tailed it...
why dont you stick around a bit... stir the pot some..he he....>:)

#14 ·
Hey buddy! The more I stick around here the less work I get done, but the reason I've been gone so long is the assanine forum wouldn't let me sign in...

JC allison left without looking back, he hangs in other venues now. I see shotrod locally so I don't know if she comes around or not.

Many of the others have made a quiet exodus apparently, kinda like back when Greg Cook and the others left for good after the forum exploded into a **** ball from drama and child like bullschitt.

Even Cooks Garage is closed now. He's off doing other things in his life now, and the others like Lori and the boys are all in his neck of the woods and still communicate semi regularly. I miss Chuck 65460 the most.... He was a great hell raiser.

#15 · (Edited)
Hey buddy! The more I stick around here the less work I get done, but the reason I've been gone so long is the assanine forum wouldn't let me sign in...

JC allison left without looking back, he hangs in other venues now. I see shotrod locally so I don't know if she comes around or not.

Many of the others have made a quiet exodus apparently, kinda like back when Greg Cook and the others left for good after the forum exploded into a **** ball from drama and child like bullschitt.
yeah i know what you mean....
well JC went over here... Ford Galaxie Forum | FordForumsOnline.com
as usual he got every ones eye balls bleeding with his loooong winded never ending threads...
i personally cant take reading them.. it's like chewing mule meat...
a few others went there as well...
shotrod pops in occasionally ...

a little drama can be fun... but like you said it has a tendency to go over board....
hope things are going well with you....
take care...buddy....:smile2:

#18 ·
JC is an enigma, is a writer, that's how he works.

I've been sharing e-mails with him for several years and it's EXACTLY the same style of quoting and writing. Thank goodness I'm a patient guy.

I really like JC and plan to visit him and Mrs. American PI some day soon.

Ass for Pride and Nyling and Raag, Miss you guy's and the others.

I love the controversies and malarkey that comes and goes. 8)

#20 ·
Durn FE, you slumming it today aren't ya! Came to remove the cobwebs from the way back corners I see! :ROFLMAO:

Not only that but even after being gone forever you still have a higher post count that me!! :unsure::ROFLMAO:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.