Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the original radio functioning. I know really nothing about wiring but here's what's happening. The radio does have power but the sound is barely heard. I can scroll through stations but the sound is very low. Oh yeah and there is no speaker on it so the sound is coming from the radio it's self. I installed a speaker but nothing changed. There are two wires for the speaker and an extra green wire all not attached. Any thoughts on what's going on ?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is this a tube type radio or a transistor type? I remember my dad's 62 Comet had the tube radio.They take a few seconds to warm up. If so you might have a bad amplifier tube.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radio works now, got a working speaker and figured out the wiring. AM radio never sounded so beautiful. Now to get the fuse box out tomorrow to see what else may function.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Glad to hear it was something simple. Tubes are still available at some electronics stores. I'm fortunate that there is a shop close by that still has one of the testers. The replacements can get quite expensive, tho. eBay is a source. Just google the tube number and it should tell you what it was used for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts