Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 62 xl in2002 off the 2nd owner.that makes it 8 yrs ive been restoring it.I just need to pick out rims and tires and leaarn how to dl pics and youll see what ive accomplished.i did all the work myself with the exception being rebuilding the c.o.m.tranny.i took it out and an old ford tranny rebuilder rebuilt it on his bench(700)bucks.That was in 07.I rebuilt the 390 in 08.holly 650,FPA ceramic coated long tube headers,crane rv cam 10:1 forged pistons,runs great never runs hot even w.o a fan shroud.I run 75% distilled water,water pump lump lube and 25% af.I store it in winter after draining rad.I replaced the bttoms of the quarters ,doors& fenders due to rust ,i welded in all new metal with my mig welder.floors and trunk were rust free.My daughter passed away at 39 in 09 and that kinda knocked the wind outta me for awhilebut i realized drinking and mourning wasnt douing anybody any good so i got back into it in 2011.letme figure out how to post pics and i will repost.thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
So sorry for your loss, but glad you realized that you were on the wrong path, and one that your daughter wouldnt want you to take. Glad you have finally finished up your project... Pics are def in order...

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts