Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 62 XL that needs a front end. I have all parts located but 2 headlight rings for the right side. This is my second XL, the first one was purchased by me back in 69 and it was my very first car. (Now you know why I bought another one). I seem to recall my original car was a dark blue with a white top but the thing that seems to stick out was the chrome side moulding had red and white stripes painted on them. Does anyone know if this would have been a correct color combination? The car I have now is peacock blue with the chrome center being white and I am debating changing just the stripe...Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the info, I have more Mustang knowledge than Galaxie but I dont want to get this wrong. The car is too nice to be making bad decisions on...

·
Registered
197 Posts
the flat wide spear goes on first and would be a solid color.My white galaxies flat spear is red then the 1 inch wide stainless steel spear goes on next.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
FE is right. The wide trim is painted a color based on how the car was optioned. My car was Baffin(baby)blue with a white top. The molding was painted a darker blue that matched the interior. You will see a lot of black cars with this trim painted red to match the interior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts