Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next step is to sand down and paint door jams and under hood and trunk. Was going to go with white but am also thinking about red or maroon. Maybe even red or maroon with either black or white on the top. I have black xl interior so I can go a lot of different colors. I have found a couple pictures on the internet but they are so small and I guess I am doing things the wrong way when I try to resize them that I get them all distorted. Anyone got pictures of your 63 1/2 you can post and brag about.

·
Registered
977 Posts
She's not a 63.5..she's a 63.I got a fiber glass tear drop from Jegs for Christmas. I centered it where I wanted it on the hood. Then I marked it ,fiber glassed it into place. I used Dyno glass ,bondo and spot glaze. I think it looks good .I'm doing all the work myself so it a learn as I go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking about this driving last night and looking at colors and have added a light grey to my list and maybe blacking out the center of the front grill and the rear under the trunk stainless and
Black on the the middle part of the hood a little wider than the teardrop.

Carl

·
Registered
419 Posts
EXracer, do you know if the car pictured in your post, has had the headlights removed for the ducting or are they covers over the inner headlights to give it that look ???

Thanks, larry
That car is an R code and has original lightweight components, including the rare aluminum bumpers and fiberglass doors. The inner headlights were removed for the ram air bonnet on the high riser.

To answer the other questions, even the lightweights came with the Galaxie 500 badge on the front quarters, along with a 427 badge.

Here is a nose view of our boxtop with the teardrop hood and no inner headlights.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That car is an R code and has original lightweight components, including the rare aluminum bumpers and fiberglass doors. The inner headlights were removed for the ram air bonnet on the high riser.

To answer the other questions, even the lightweights came with the Galaxie 500 badge on the front quarters, along with a 427 badge.

Here is a nose view of our boxtop with the teardrop hood and no inner headlights.

Now that boxtop looks nice, real nice. Its says its all about getting down to business.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's my '63.5 with a Crites hood (painted flat black because I didn't want to try to match the paint for the rest of the car, which is horrible...

Jeff B

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts