Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get new front spindles and a new steering rack, and all other suspension related parts to beef up my '63 6cyl comet in preparation for a 289?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It dawns on me that I should mention the purpose of this project, as many here may be interested. I have decided to participate in the 2004 La Carrera Panamericana race from the Guatamalean border of Mexico all the way to Texas. Those not familiar with the race can learn more here: www.lacarrera.com . I plan to enter a '63 Comet in the historic class, but the one I have access to is an (unrestored) 6 cyl car. I plan to go over to discs, a 5 speed, and will certainly have a number of questions along the way. Any one intersted can reach me at my new email: [email protected] Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you do your homework you might find that 64-66 mustang spindles might just bolt up. I have a 63 1/2 Falcon futura that was changed to 5 bolt 14" . I have the wheel cylinders and backing pletes from a 69 mustang with larger brakes and drums. Just replace the original tie rods , ball joints nad steering link with the V8 stuff. I also am running a rear end from a 74 340 duster posi. ( direct bolt up, just need a splicer u joint.
If you can take one side spindle off and match it at the junk yard, just check the ball joint mounting taper.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Why dont you just put Granada disk brakes (using Granada spindles) on it? Will the rules allow that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts