Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for my next project and this is semi-local. I think $12k is a little high, but Im not keen on Fairlane values in 2022. Attached below are some of the other pictures I was able to get from the seller of the rust. He claims this is all the rust besides the normal surface rust on non-painted parts underneath. It looks pretty clean though.

My plans would be to fatman fabrications swap the front suspension or get the Aldan American coilover kit if I dont want to pony up for fatman (still need to research more), fix the rust, build up a 302 and swap it in with either a C4 or AOD depending on availability etc. And just make it a nice cruiser but can also light up the tires from time to time.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/901830391175890/

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Serveware Gas Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Hood Automotive exterior

· Registered
73 Posts
yea im also thinking 5-6 k is max not really what you want and over priced to convert to v8 and do the strut deal you will need v8 motor mounts and several other v8 parts motor mounts are a little rare rod and custom or fat man framework comes with motormounts

· Registered
10,532 Posts
Perfect condition value minus the actual costs to get this car to that point equals the value of the car.

If you can find one that's perfect for $20k, and this one would take $15K to restore, then it's worth $5k, also minus your time, frustration, issues and surprises. At that point it's not worth much, to me anyway. $15k is not an estimate, only an example.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts