Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase new door panels for my 63 Fairlane 500 hardtop ? Everyone carries the Sports Coupe version with the mylar trim, but not the standard 500 version. Most also carry these for the 64, but I have been told that the 64 panels do not fit the 63. Any help, leads would be appreciated. Thank you, Fred

·
Registered
15 Posts
i've been searching for a while. so far nothing. sports coupe door panels should fit but the rear panels are a little different shape than the 2 door sedan. (which i need too) the pattern is definitely different though. the only other thing is an upholstery shop. sorry. good luck

·
Registered
136 Posts
63 & 64 are interchangeable. Sports Coupe and Hardtop are the same, 2 dr Sedan front panel are all the same as SC/hardtop. The rear sedan panels are slightly different than the SC/hardtop.

Dearborn Classics carries door panels by PUI interiors. Check with DC if "500" model panels are available. Their website only shows Sports coupe stuff.

another option is to check with SMS Auto Fabrics Largest Selection of Cloth, Vinyl & Leather Automobile Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics They also make "correct" door panels

·
Registered
278 Posts
63 & 64 are interchangeable. Sports Coupe and Hardtop are the same, 2 dr Sedan front panel are all the same as SC/hardtop. The rear sedan panels are slightly different than the SC/hardtop.

Dearborn Classics carries door panels by PUI interiors. Check with them DC if "500" model panels are available. Their website only shows Sports coupe stuff.

another option is to check with SMS Auto Fabrics Largest Selection of Cloth, Vinyl & Leather Automobile Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics They also make "correct" door panels
If they are the same as 64, Dearborn Classics carries them. I bought all four interior panels for my 64 Sedan from them. Fit good, ok price.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts