Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 63 Fairlane 500 4 door car, and the previous owner carved ugly disgusting speakers into the door panels. I brought the car to a local upholstery shop and asked them to quote me for fixing the tiny rips in the door panels, and they quoted me $400 per panel but that they couldn’t match the pattern of the door, and that’s not even fixing the giant speaker hole in the front 2 doors. so basically I’d be paying them $400 for a cheap vinyl repair I can do myself. Why the owner didn’t put the speakers in the $20 kick panels and instead carve out the door is beyond me, but it’s my mess now. I’ve been looking for reproduction panels, but all I can find is companies that make panels for 2 door Fairlanes. None for 4 doors. Ive been looking at junkyard cars, and those panels aren’t in that much better shape than mine, and they’re never the right color for my car. I found that one company reproduces door panels for 4 door 63 Falcons. Does anybody know if 4 Door Falcon door panels will fit on a 63 Fairlane 4 door? I’d love to have the Futura door panels on my car, Fairlanes never got really nice door panels, even if it was a 500, in comparison to Falcons, and especially compared to Galaxies.
Thanks a lot for your guys help.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I doubt the Falcon panels would be the same as your Fairlane.
I could be wrong, no direct experience with that.

If the panels are flat it would relatively easy to make custom door panels.

Pics of your existing panels?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts