Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63 Falcon Sprint (260 cid with factory T10 4 speed). I removed, rebuilt and installed the T10, and noticed that yoke is very close to the underside of the floorboard hump. Close enough that it has rubbed the undercoating off. I'm using the factory transmission to frame connector and mount, but this doesn't seem correct. I haven't done anything to change the geometry that I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If it helps, here's my 1965 289/T10 mount and factory drawing:

Fixed-1.JPG
falcon_trans_mount__94513.1480811196.1280.1280.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it helps, here's my 1965 289/T10 mount and factory drawing:

View attachment 169422 View attachment 169423
Thanks BrewBoy - that is exactly my setup! How close is your yoke to the under side of the floorboard? It looks like I have the correct mounts and brackets, but my yoke doesn't have clearance. A photo showing the tailhousing and yoke will win you a cheeseburger of your choice. Haha

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks to be about an inch. Mmmmm......chee
20210716_120408.jpg
seburger!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the photo BrewBoy! I'm going to figure out how to get you that cheeseburger. I'm not sure if there are differences between the years and the fact that yours is a Ranchero, but I appreciate your help.🙏🙏🙏

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay - now I'm more than confused. I'm lost. Hahaha. If you look at your transmission bracket above and then at the diagram, yours is upside down. The good news is if I install mine like yours. I will probably have clearance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I see; I thought you were talking about the crossmember portion. I can tell you that my car has all the original factory drivetrain, and all I did was clean up the mount & replace the rubber portions. Here's the illustration from my manual, showing the leaf springs on the top, although the drawing is different in a couple details. Also the old original mount.

I wonder if you were to flip your mount if it would lower the trans & yoke?

20210721_042033.jpg
old mount.JPG

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts