Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a pita, thought i finally got 1/4 windows back in and adjusted, but not.
Both left an right when rolling down get almost open then the drop on their own like in free fall about an inch, been trying to figure out why for 2 days now. Seems weird that they both do it
Anyone run into this

·
Registered
168 Posts
And they wind back up ok when you try? Sounds like they're either running out of teeth (maybe teeth on the regulator are worn) or they're dropping out of the adjustment channels.
I converted my car to power windows and my passenger side will not close the last 2 inches without assistance which is annoying me greatly

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And they wind back up ok when you try? Sounds like they're either running out of teeth (maybe teeth on the regulator are worn) or they're dropping out of the adjustment channels.
I converted my car to power windows and my passenger side will not close the last 2 inches without assistance which is annoying me greatly
They wind back up fine, and when yhey drop I can still roll them all the way downas there is another inch to go after the drop

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put everything likes rollers and stuff, don’t know if it did it before or not as it was 8 years ago , i bought it and immediately took everything apart

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe the rear channel needs adjusting as the roller is falling out? Seems odd as once the roller had dropped out of it I can't see how it would simply align again and move back in....

·
Registered
121 Posts
weird that they both do it but the track might be binding and the regulator is actually pulling the window down instead of just holding it up against gravity - until they hit that last couple inches of travel. Then gravity takes over, they drop down to where the regulator allows, and then work as designed for the last two inches. Seen that before.

Try lowering the window a couple inches before the drop takes place and then see if you can push it down at all. maybe mark the glass with a crayon or something and see if you can locate a tight spot of travel.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
weird that they both do it but the track might be binding and the regulator is actually pulling the window down instead of just holding it up against gravity - until they hit that last couple inches of travel. Then gravity takes over, they drop down to where the regulator allows, and then work as designed for the last two inches. Seen that before.

Try lowering the window a couple inches before the drop takes place and then see if you can push it down at all. maybe mark the glass with a crayon or something and see if you can locate a tight spot of travel.
That sounds like a good plan, the covid 19 hit our hiuse two days ago and its got my wife and I both down, anxious to try your plan as soon as i can muster up some energy

·
Registered
121 Posts
That sounds like a good plan, the covid 19 hit our hiuse two days ago and its got my wife and I both down, anxious to try your plan as soon as i can muster up some energy
Hoping all recover quickly! That stuff is scary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts