Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know which cars came with the front fender emblem. Was it just the XL model. I have a 63 convert w a 390 doesn't appear that there every was on there. Would like to put one if it is correct.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
On the '63, it was just the 390, 406 and 427 which had them, whether it was a Galaxie 500 or XL.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Ya the lowly '52's n sb cars didnt get em....

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Dunno if yours originally came with the 390 or not, the vin no will tell you, and I am sure they are avail as a repop from somewhere.... maybe someone can tell you for sure which source they come from....

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
So mine would of orginally had a 390 one right? Where can these be found?
Crite's Restoration has them, they are not cheap $59 each. I got 460 flags for my '64 Galaxie at a Ford swap meet from a vendor for $35 apeice. They may be on e-bay, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This may be a dumb question but what on the vin # will tell me?

Post the letter or number that is in position #5. in other words the 5th digit of the vin no. That will tell what the car had installed from the factory.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Z which is a 390 rt, I just didn't know if all 390 cars had the emblem or not. The car doesn't appear to have them but not sure if the holes were just filled in.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Z which is a 390 rt, I just didn't know if all 390 cars had the emblem or not. The car doesn't appear to have them but not sure if the holes were just filled in.
Thats a good question, but also have to keep in mind, "back in the day" you could order cars the WAY you wanted them, may have been simply ordered to 'delete' the badging, and didnt have to follow "packages" and those set of guidelines that are in place today. (IF you can even get a dealer to ORDER what YOU want vs. what he has on the lot)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Leave them off and tell the guy next to you at the light it is a 289... ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good idea kultulz, I just like the look. Thanks for the help guys. Been looking through my parts mags harder to find then I was thinking. There doesn't seem to be any reproductions from that year. If anyone has some links, please send them my way. Saw some adhesives ones on eBay anybody ever seen those?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just found two on ebay!:tup:

:tup::tup::tup:

Cool now the next question will be the positioning of said badges on said fenders. ;)

Someone break out the tape measure.:D

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I made a pattern off of a 390 fender because I put two new fenders on that didn't have the holes. I would send you a copy but 'am going in for knee surgery on Monday and won't be able to get to it for a couple of weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts