Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody, I'm seeing pieces in the catalogs for convertible well liner trim. My 63 futura does not have it. How does it attach or install. Looking at the catalogues it appears to be made of package tray material. Anybody with a convertible please reply. I dont want to miss installing any component that is necessary to the operation, preservation or appearance of the top. But dont want to buy a bunch of crap like I been gettin. Cant see anything in the shop manual to help. Thanks. BamaBrown

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got in from the shop / shed gettin the 63 put together. As mentioned last night, my concern is not with the well liner itself, it's in place. But whats with the well liner TRIM? I can not tell where it would be installed. If im missin somethin please let me know. I dont want to F-it up if it aint supposed to go with the car.

·
Registered
374 Posts
... whats with the well liner TRIM? I can not tell where it would be installed. If im missin somethin please let me know. I dont want to F-it up if it aint supposed to go with the car.
There are two pieces per side and they fit in where the side rails fold in. I bought some years ago for my square body Futura. They are not worth the money you pay for them as they are a very thin fiberboard material. Since I am still "working" on mine, I haven't installed the new ones yet but you can see the remnants of the old ones. What color is your interior?

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BlueBird. What was advertised as well liner trim was actually the quarter panel trim pieces. I got confused. Since they are already in place I wont be needing them. I agree with you on the quality of alot of parts these days. The only pieces I need now are the two small covers on the upper part of the panels. Gona make em myself. My interior trim is still stock Ford Code 58A / Gold Vinyl along with the cheap Mylar crap Ford used back on the day. All in all and supprisingly it's in VERY GOOD shape. This is my wifes car and she is adamant on keeping it as original as possible. Maybe she'll change her mind and up grade to a more modern design and material. Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts