Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Falconeers, need some advice on my T-5 w/ S10 tail section tranny swap hiccup. The ford Mechanical speedometer will Not go in, without removing a major section of the tranmission bracing. I have already removed the top section of this thick hump bracing to accommodate the T-5 . I have read before this is an important bracing to the flooring for Rigidity ? Any suggestions for getting the Mechanical Speedometer into place (What have others done ) Or to remove the bracing all together ? and if so , what after market bracing to replace it with for The rigidity ? Really Appreciate any and All suggestions, Ty & Stay Fordified !

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
485 Posts
I had the same problem when I had a AOD installed in my 65 falcon. I installed a GPS speedo and plugged the hole for the cable.But now I have to go back and repair the cross bracing. I also have get a new cross member, The installer guy cut up my old cross member and welded some metal to it to lower the trans thinking it would make it possable to clear the speedo cable.Autometer sells a device that will hook up a GPS device to a device that turns the cable to your speedo . That way you can use your old speedo. NPD sells a replacement brace for the 65 -66 Mustang that may fit you car. Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts