Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, another brake question!

I have to send instructions to my bro in law in the US on how to remove the brake booster from my 63 Gal to send it for rebuilding.

It looks like an easy enough job, if I give a step by step of what I would send him, could someone tell me if I have missed something or if he may run into trouble anywhere..
Im hoping its possible to just move the single pot master cylinder out of the way, instead of having to bleed the system etc..

1) Remove the brake pedal clip from the Booster arm, and the check valve from the front of the booster.
2) Undo the 2 bolts holding the master cylinder to the booster & pull the MC out of the way without over bending any of the lines!
3) remove the 4 mounting bolts from the firewall and remove the booster.

for re-installation repeat in reverse.

is it that simple??? does the MC come away from the booster easily?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
It is not that simple on a 65, the stoplight switch removal is counterintuitive . Maybe there is something similarly tricky on a 63.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly the switch on the 63 is on the front of the MC and shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The only thing you forgot was to remove the pushrod to the booster from the brake pedal up under the dash. It's a big "E" clip. Tell him not to lose the plastic bushings that go on the pushrod at the pedal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing you forgot was to remove the pushrod to the booster from the brake pedal up under the dash. It's a big "E" clip. Tell him not to lose the plastic bushings that go on the pushrod at the pedal.
Top man, thank you !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts