Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my car back from paint a few weeks ago, need to get the glass and headliner installed, but can't find the clips that hold the headliner bows in!!!!
My son took those pieces out and I am sure we put them in a zip lock.
First pass thru everything did not yield them.
So I may have to find new ones somehow.

Mine is a 63 fastback.

Does anyone have them?
Does anyone know what cars they may have also been used in?
If I can get my hands on one, I could most likely fab them.

If I do manage to fab something, if it is not too hard to make I will make them available.

Here is a picture of my Gal:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Silas

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Sorry no one got back to you sooner. Junk yard? Or have you checked with Greg Donahue in FLA?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!!!!!

I am trying to find them from Galaxies being parted out. I may have found two clips.
Greg Donahue told me I needed to find them from a parted out car. I will keep looking.
There is a "universal" setup out there. I am going to hold out for the real deal.

On a better note, I got my power steering reservoir mounted to the inner fender well today in permanent form. It has been years since it sat on there. IT is starting to come together bit by bit.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
That's a (going to be) nice looking car and my favorite year. Just remember that it is going to take twice or three times longer to put it back together as it took to take it apart so don't get in a hurry or give up. If you have questions, ask. I have had about 27 or 28 63 Galaxies in the last 25 years or so. Some were keepers and some were parts cars. For the clips try Big M Auto Wreckers in Williams, CA about a hour north of Sac on I-5 or Turner's Auto Wreckers in Fresno just off of 99.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the reply. Yes I am figuring out that getting it back together is a slow process. This car is a keeper, and I hang on to cars for a long time. So my patience will be a must. I am polishing the exterior stainless and Aluminum right now. Again a slow process, but it looks like new when I take my time. All the new rubber pieces/ weatherstrip etc.. are a slow deal also. I am hoping to get the car together by this spring. We will see.

Thanks again for the info. I will check them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts