Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Re: CMEDROP's Build Up

Now that the panel replacement was done. It was time to decide on a power plant. The plan is to drive this car from Canada to California down the coast. So I opted for an engine that has tons of aftermarket options and is better better on gas than the 390.
5.0L ho efi. Picked up some motor mounts for the 289 that fit perfectly.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Once we had the belly of the car completely smooth, we moved on to the frame.

We took measurements and removed the leafs. From there we started to put the 8.8 diff with disc brakes in place.

We are using the front leaf mount for our lower bars on the 4link.

We are mounting the bags behind the axle. I borrowed the bags off our 51 ford project to help mock up the mounts. I will be running Airlift Dominator D2500s.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice, really nice... Your doing a fantastic job, keep it up and thats going to be one nice Galaxie !!!
Wish we still had our 62' 406 Galaxie!!! :(

cheers
Charlie

·
Registered
730 Posts
What's that damn dog doing drinking a Budweiser? Don't you realize that it's the King of Beers? Car looks great. You're an inspiration.

Rick

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Anymore updates ?

Im in the middle of bagging the front of my 64, cant wait to go through the rear again !!! :D

L

·
Registered
85 Posts

looks good!! i see your making plenty of progress. let us know how the bags come out. i was thinking of bagging my fastback after i mini tub it..

1 - 20 of 154 Posts