Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
hey wats up i have a 63 im working on but mines a fastback ive done all the similar mods u done but i shaved everything off mine except the door handles, ive shave the trunk and the gas door and the area around the gas door, i have the same problem in my trunk with the braces imma make some for mine also. are u putting a four link on urs?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
hey wats up i have a 63 im working on but mines a fastback ive done all the similar mods u done but i shaved everything off mine except the door handles, ive shave the trunk and the gas door and the area around the gas door, i have the same problem in my trunk with the braces imma make some for mine also. are u putting a four link on urs?
sounds cool.
do you have any pictures?
and yes i am doing a 4link, the tabs for the bars just need to be welded on now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Now that we had the 4link tacked together, we put the body back on the frame to see how it fits. It turns out that we needed to raise the trunk floor where it dipped. So we chopped out the trunk floor which we had finished.

The car at ride height. It will get a little more lift with the Airlift Dominator D2500 bags.

The car sacked out in the rear.

The gf taking some pictures. She has a way better camera, but we would be still waiting this time next year for her to upload them :nut

Oh yeah can anyone guess what I am doing tomorrow?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
The driveshaft was hitting, so we opened up the tranny tunnel. The original brace was way too low, so we made a new one to allow for the clearance we needed.

Just a picture comparing the new with the old.

Started forming the new tranny tunnel.

Tacked into place still need to clean up everything and finish it off.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
My friend Luke had a 79 Thunderbird sitting in his back yard. A deal was made and now my Galaxie sports a set of spindles + discs off a 79 thunderbird. The spindles apparently give you one inch extra. Thanks Luke.

Frame clearance of 1" or less when it is layed out now.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Looks good. Did you use the stock a-arms? The a-arms we got for the 64' are designed for either or so no mods necessary. I also see that there is a kit now for rear air-ryde in the 63' - 64' when I was thumbing through the new Summit catalog.

I think you are really going to have a very well built old Gal. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looks good. Did you use the stock a-arms? The a-arms we got for the 64' are designed for either or so no mods necessary. I also see that there is a kit now for rear air-ryde in the 63' - 64' when I was thumbing through the new Summit catalog.

I think you are really going to have a very well built old Gal. Keep up the good work.
thanks.

yeah I am using the stock a-arms. I think later on I might swap them out for airridetech's tubulars.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I am now living 11 hours away from my car.
My dad will be working on it when he gets a chance.
The interior panels are coming out here for me to fiberglass next week.

The console has been built and fiberglassed, picture will be up soon.
For now here is a picture of my dash in the process of being shaved.
It now has digital gauges, and only will have four switches for the lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great Build and good information, I have similar plans for laying frame on a '64 this winter that I'll hopefully have done for spring. I'm in Saskatoon, so only a couple hours away from you.

You wouldn't happen to know of any '64 2dr hardtops around locally that aren't completely rusted out?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Great Build and good information, I have similar plans for laying frame on a '64 this winter that I'll hopefully have done for spring. I'm in Saskatoon, so only a couple hours away from you.

You wouldn't happen to know of any '64 2dr hardtops around locally that aren't completely rusted out?
Not off hand, but I spend all my days driving around in the country so I will keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The car looks great. I'm surprized at that max ride height. I was expecting it to be higher.

I just picked up a 63 4 door sedan that I was considering selling but got to digging into it and started a build idea. I wanted to do bags on it as well as my 63 4 door Impala and let my boys have them each.

Is that rear 4 link a kit? How did you weld it in? Stick, wire or tig? How'd you figure pinion angle with it?

Looks killer and can't wait to see the finished project. Great work there!!!

Dave

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The car looks great. I'm surprized at that max ride height. I was expecting it to be higher.

I just picked up a 63 4 door sedan that I was considering selling but got to digging into it and started a build idea. I wanted to do bags on it as well as my 63 4 door Impala and let my boys have them each.

Is that rear 4 link a kit? How did you weld it in? Stick, wire or tig? How'd you figure pinion angle with it?

Looks killer and can't wait to see the finished project. Great work there!!!

Dave
thanks.
4 link is just something we fabbed up. wire.
we just set the desired pinion angle at ride height

21 - 40 of 154 Posts