Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

41 - 60 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds about as simple as I planned to do it but I was hoping there was a sized up kit already made. Oh well, no biggie. Great work then.

Keep posting.

Dave

·
Registered
414 Posts
I saw that kit. Looks pretty basic and well thought out but I don't like the bolt on part there wrapped around the axle. Maybe I'm too used to decent hp cars and am underestimating the ability of the kit to handle it, but I think I want something a bit beefier like what he built here in this thread. I'm sure I could get the steel stock and all and just build it but I was hoping to find a specific length kit for the cars that I could weld up after alignment. No biggie. I haven't seen a car with that setup on it to know it's riding and setting height anyways.

Nevermind. I found the installation instructions with pics and everything. Not bad really but $3900 is a tough figure to pass on to the wife. It's easier when it's pieced together and she doesn't see the total tally until it's too late.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Here is the center console being built. The top will be painted to match the exterior of the car, the sides that aren't on there yet will be upholstery to match the interior. It will house two tvs, 2 air guages, 2 power outlets, 2 boat chrome cupholders, and the compartment will house the tripometer computer and climate controls.

You can also see the heater/ac unit mounted to the firewall in this pic.

Test fitting the tripometer computer, and digital climate controls. Still plenty of room for storage, since I shaved the glovebox on the dash.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Did you rape a lincoln of all of its parts? I know you're running a 5.0 but it looks like you're going with the control switches and all the other gadgets you mentioned from a town car or something. Sounds like it's going to be a fully optional car with all the bells and whistles. Can't wait for more. Keep em coming.

Dave

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
did you cut your tunnel this far up [ to the back of the front seat ] for driveshaft clearance ?

I cut mine, but not as much as you have, i think i need to cut more . . . . .

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Did you rape a lincoln of all of its parts? I know you're running a 5.0 but it looks like you're going with the control switches and all the other gadgets you mentioned from a town car or something. Sounds like it's going to be a fully optional car with all the bells and whistles. Can't wait for more. Keep em coming.

Dave
yeah. I cut up 1988 lincoln mark vii and robbed it of everything.
here is a pic of my last lincoln

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)

- mounted my floor shifter permanently
- made mounting brackets for the center console

- attempting to get all the lincoln mark vii wiring in the 63 dash
- we opted to mounted it on the firewall in the end

- ac unit from the lincoln mark vii that we are using
- the piece being held is how the defrost use to be vented. we changed it over to a piece of exhaust tubing, so we could use the galaxie
- we also had to cut and mold some of the plastic so that it would fit properly under the dash

- shaved the passenger side of the firewall
- also cut some new holes for the ac
- also in the top right hand of the picture you can see the new vent to bring in air for the ac/heat

- the vent from above in the cowl
- still need to put a grille so debris does not get into it

next on the list:
- mount the shocks on the rear
- repatch the hole in the trunk that we cut again
- paint the belly
- smooth and paint the frame
- bolt the frame back to the body

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
i scrapped the center console I had built, for something more simple and original. The console will still house the heater controls.

I also scrapped the power Lincoln Mark VII seats for a set of 64xl buckets and a backseat.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Awesome man, those consoles are killer, and the buckets will be nice

i scrapped the center console I had built, for something more simple and original. The console will still house the heater controls.

I also scrapped the power Lincoln Mark VII seats for a set of 64xl buckets and a backseat.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don't know how I missed this. This is going to be a really cool build.

41 - 60 of 154 Posts