Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey I'm right there with you. My new rear end should be here tomorrow, not because I needed one but I wanted it (really all my suspension) to be new. I also wanted 31 spline axles so I ordered one from the 9inchfactory. Very reasonable at $640 for brand new heavy duty housing and axles. No one will really ever see it but I'm still going to paint it up nice. :grin2:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
a little more progress.
ran fuel lines, brake lines, and ebrake cables. got everything figured out on the frame.

cut down the flaming river rack so it would have more clearance around my oil pan.

and then stripped it all down to prep for some color. hopefully start assembling the frame by the end of the month

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great progress! What is that contraption that the E-brake cables are running into? I don't know if the 63 frames are as nasty as the 64s but I look at mine and think about the work ahead of me. I'll be watching for you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
[clear up soom room under dash for some speakers in the kick panels.]

Man you are reading mind. That is a great idea. I can't remember but aren't you running Wilwood brakes? Looks like that set is cut to fit? That is a good out of the way place. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Man you are reading mind. That is a great idea. I can't remember but aren't you running Wilwood brakes? Looks like that set is cut to fit? That is a good out of the way place. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah running wilwood rear discs brakes. Then I'm running lokar ebrake cables (made for wilwood discs) to the cable box. You can cut them to the size you need.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That frame is looking good! I don't know about not enough hrs in the day but there definitely doesn't seem to be enough in my life. :) When I got on here this time it took me to post 1, so I went through. I forgot how much metal work you had done. Keep pressing towards the mark, we'll keep watching.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Another thing I noticed that I found a little humorous was that one post had your girlfriend taking a pic of your car and another had your wife helping make a subwoofer box. Hope it is the same woman ? and congratulations.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts