Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
a little progress. started figuring out where we are going to run electrical and heater/ac lines, etc. mock everything up before paint

decided to install the vintage air bulk head behind the hood hinge to keep it out of sight

made new rad mounts for the bigger aluminum rad

mounted the condenser in.

we made a metal glove box with tabs to mount the ecm on above

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
we wanted to vent our a/c out of the vintage Selectaire trim plate, but it didn't look right from the side with out the factory box.

so we made a new housing for the trim plate that contours to it. just had to drill some holes to run the vent tubing.

just a front view with the new housing and Selectaire trim plate

·
Registered
152 Posts
found this pic that I never posted.

also got around to mounting Vintage Air a/c

I realize its kind of an old post but do you have any more pictures of when you had the rack installed? I see you changed to the borgeson box now. Was the rack higher than the crossmember? Im running a coyote engine and need to get rid of the steering box to make more room on the drivers side for turbo piping.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I realize its kind of an old post but do you have any more pictures of when you had the rack installed? I see you changed to the borgeson box now. Was the rack higher than the crossmember? Im running a coyote engine and need to get rid of the steering box to make more room on the drivers side for turbo piping.

Thanks
Chris
ill pm you a picture that I think might help you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Since most of all the electronics have been removed from the dash, we decided to tackle the wiring now.

I relocated the ecm and frcm again, and they are now mounted under the cowl on the driver side.

The American Autowire fuse panel has been mounted above the kick panel on the driver side.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I am running a Lokar shifter, aod tranny and a manual console plate in my '63 Galaxie. So I had jeffshibby machine a shifter trim plate to accommodate the Lokar shift indicator. I think it turned out pretty well. ;) (the console plate still needs to be re-finished)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you rape a lincoln of all of its parts? I know you're running a 5.0 but it looks like you're going with the control switches and all the other gadgets you mentioned from a town car or something. Sounds like it's going to be a fully optional car with all the bells and whistles. Can't wait for more. Keep em coming.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts