Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have trouble finding out where the two Selectaire a/c bracket attach to the firewall on a 63 Galaxie. On some photos they seem to mount on different levels??

Can somebody explain or show a pic?

BR,
Johan

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Look on the firewall pad there will be some cut outs. Then the firewall will have indents to drill the holes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for replying!
Unfortunately the pad is long gone. Yes, there are indents but if I drill those strangely the left bracket seem to mount 3/4 inch lower than the right one!
Please see pic below. The red marked indents are the only ones with correct distance between them for the brackets.
I would love to see a photo of a correct firewall with the brackets mounted.
BR,
Johan

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello,

I have trouble finding out where the two Selectaire a/c bracket attach to the firewall on a 63 Galaxie. On some photos they seem to mount on different levels??

Can somebody explain or show a pic?

BR,
Johan
I have a 63 with select-aire under the dash, I'll go look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is great news! Would you please be able to take a pic of where the two nuts sit on the firewall in the engine bay?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I have a car down at the shop that has Selectaire. I can take a picture on Tuesday as I'm going out of town early Satruday.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thanks for replying!
Unfortunately the pad is long gone. Yes, there are indents but if I drill those strangely the left bracket seem to mount 3/4 inch lower than the right one!
Please see pic below. The red marked indents are the only ones with correct distance between them for the brackets.
I would love to see a photo of a correct firewall with the brackets mounted.
BR,
Johan
I just went and looked on the 63, where you have the red dot.There is 2 nuts 7/16 is the wrench size..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Much interesting, seems like the brackets should mount on different height then...lets see how "63ford406´s" firewall looks like too, thanks for you help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello,
I have never seen the right bracket bent down like that. Maybe that happend when it was taken out.?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you!

This is clear evidence that the brackets really should mount on different heights. Time to drill the holes.
BR,
Johan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts