Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got a diagram of one of these in bits , as i have to take mine off and rebuild it cos it leaks .lol.
thanks in anticipation mark

·
Registered
925 Posts
They don't completly dissasemble as far as I know. You can replace the shaft seal. I was never able to remove mine so I left it alone.
Mike

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
To get the cylinder completely apart requires cutting it open and then rewelding it when you are done. Most kits have only the seals and wipers that go around the shaft. I pulled the seals and such out of mine with a variety of picks and screws. I actually screwed a screw down on opposite sides of the shaft and then pulled on the screws with pliers until the seals pulled out. It took a while, but I finally got all of the seals, washers, wipers and such swapped out. It was the easiest part to repair on the steering.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly what I did today and it's being refitted tomorrow. I think I see this car as something special so I'm quite daunted by it . I must remember its 60's technology lol.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
1960s technology gets the best of me every time I work on my 62. Rebuilding the steering has been the most enjoyable part of the rebuild on my car.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tomorrow is the control valves turn and then the pump all while the hoses are being rebuilt.
One day I will finish this wagon lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts