Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - there is a similar question below for 65/66 console window switches, so I thought I would start this to see if there is any different advice for a '63 master lock switch?

Just got my power windows in, and they're all working, but I found that the "LOCK" switch is not working properly, so before I rip it out and try to repair it, just thought I would see what the consensus is on repairing these switches?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
645 Posts
They are easy to repair. You take the switch apart, clean the contacts with some sandpaper, put a light coat of dielectric grease on the contacts, and put it back together. Are you sure the switch is bad? It is only supposed to disable the switches located in the rear of the car. In other words, all the console switches are unaffected by the lock switch, but in lock position, people sitting in the back seat cannot control their windows with the back seat switches.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - yes, all the windows work from the main switches, but none from the door/panels. There's no power getting to the harness, but if you short the switch, off they go... I'll see if I can figure out how they go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts