Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for the removable panel that forms the front section of the bed for my 63 Ranchero. Is this panel interchangeable with any other years?

·
Subscriber
263 Posts
The pieces he is referring to goes along the wheelwell on each side. They are held in place by sheet metal screws. the "purpose" of these are to keep water from entering the area just in front of the bed where it dips down (the shock absorber area) and just behind the veritcal frame that supports the bed sheet metal.

Post your solutions as to how to keep the water from entering the inside of the passenger compartment under the "cubby" area behind the seat on both sides where the floorboard rises up about 2". All along the seams water gets in and makes a mess on the Rancheros. Some guys use silicone along the saeams but water still gets through and after awhile it looks crappy.
Let us know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jonn, 60-65 fits and do you have the trim that goes by the wheel.
Hi Papaw,

Yes I have the trim pieces, but they are not in very good condition due to rust. I hope to find a set to replace my existing ones.

regards
Jonn

·
Subscriber
263 Posts
Forgot to mention to FE and others:
Drill small holes for the water to drain.
I solved the problem of water ever getting into the cubby area 100%.
The holes I am talking about is behind the cubby area--the shock area.
Also, the sheet metal area is sealed so that I don't need to remove it ever again. I made a new bracket that bolts to the existing upper shock area, but uses a shock that now installs and removes from underneath and has the same bottom mounting too.
Inquire if you want the info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ebay has mass veriety of parts but they are not cheap most of the time ... you can also try dearbornclassics.com very expensive but worth it so i here.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Any luck finding one? If not, let me know. I spotted one at a wrecking yard the other day.

Edit: Crap, just noticed you're in Australia. Shipping that piece internationally would be expensive to say the least.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any luck finding one? If not, let me know. I spotted one at a wrecking yard the other day.

Edit: Crap, just noticed you're in Australia. Shipping that piece internationally would be expensive to say the least.
Thanks for keeping an eye out. Fortunately I have found one, its currently on its way via sea freight and it will land in Australia next month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts