Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm putting the scarebird 4 lug disc brake conversion on my 63 and so far pretty painless. But now I'm wondering why I went through this as I try to find 4 lug wheels that will clear the caliper. 13" Falcon, no way. Tried a 14" Mustang, still no go. Took the whole assembly to the Pic A Part and spent the morning trying wheels. The only thing that looked like it might fit with a decent offset was a 1983 Nissan 260 Z car and maybe a 1977 Toyota Celica. Unfortunatly neither had a full set of rims and still won't be sure of wheelwell fitment untill I get a set home. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding wheels that fit?
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
wondered how that kit worked out.
did instructions mention any recommendations or specs for wheel offsets?

i was considering a disc brake kit for my mustang 6 cyl. with 4 lug wheels.

keep us posted with your info/finds.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I repeated this same thread http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/falcon-pages/494635-scarebird-4-lug-disc-brake-conversion.html
in the Falcon pages and got plenty of response about wheels. My install is not complete but everything is fitted together. I found wheels at a Pic A Part for a 1983 Nissan 280ZX cleared the calipers and had a decent offset. 4 lug Mustang wheels might fit depending on the type with a 1/4" spacer. also older 4 lug Toyota Celicas have the same bolt pattern and a usable offset.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts