Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im new to the entire carb thing but i did a decent amount of research on how it all works for the most part.. Its a 2100 motorcraft

From what i gather the two screws in front enrich the mixture and what ive read alot of people only turn it two turns out or so..

I feel like i have mine set a little rich. its four turns out but runs fantastic.

There is a slight hesitation at about an 1/8th throttle under a load just cruising..

Its an entirely stock engine..

so does 4 turns out seem to far?
What could the hesitation be?
Any other random suggestions?
thanks
And this car is new to me so there is a few more threads coming at you soon..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
replaced the accelerator pump already.. im going to see if i can find a new throttle rod i guess..
Thanks for the help..
and the carb does say motorcraft? and i have three of them and one says autolite..

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Motorcraft 2100's weren't made until the1970's. It's not the correct carb for your engine.

And the throttle shaft isn't something you can do at home, so, were I you, I'd rebuild any of the carbs that have the best internal condition, and least amount of throttle shaft slop.

Before doing that double check your timing, without vacuum, the skip/burp might be coming from the timing events somehow also.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
+1. And BTW - commonly the largest benefit from doing a rebuild is getting all the little adjustments correct. Most have changed from wear or people mindlessly fiddling with them. Read all the directions with the kit, and do all of the adjustments correctly. That will do more towards a good running carb than the rest of the parts in the kit combined.
:tup:
David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.