Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the mounting pad thingy that goes under the antenna. I find some in the usual places but they are round or they are too elongated. Mine is like a fat teardrop almost unless the round ones work for it, mine just doesn't look round or rather the base doesn't, i only have about a 1/2" left of the pad. This is the antenna i have.

antennabase.jpg

·
Registered
695 Posts
Deb, I had bought a NOS antenna for my car a while back and it came with all the hardware. I took a look again and the base gasket is round and is rubber. It just stretches around the base into a slight oval shape. I can take a picture of it and email it to you if needed. I thought that I had seen them for sale before and I found one on Mac's site. Hope this helps.

Ford - Antenna Base Pad - Rubber - Mercury - Macs Auto Parts

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ron, was wondering if that was the case. I have some friends that sell grommets and stuff, since it's actually round maybe they have something similar and i can just get one from them. I'd like to see a pic when you have the time, then i can see what it is i'm looking for.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I always have problems posting pictures in the post, so I will take some pictures for you and send them to you in an email.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts