Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're receiving the powder coated frame back today and are going to start installing the rear suspension, front suspension, and power steering system. I have already pressed in one of the two bushings on the idler arm. Now I am starting to get confused. I pressed the larger one into the frame mount and was going to press the smaller one into the center link.

First of all, is that right? Short bushing in the center link and tall bushing in the frame mount?

Second, the tall bushing has a lip that you press down to but the short bushing doesn't. How far do you press the short bushing into it's respective hole?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I does help a little but does not fully help or explain.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
I looked in my book and couldn't find nothing good with pics. But thought maybe the one pic would show you which end the short one went on at least. I'll do some more looking. :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shotrod: Don't spend any more time looking. We got the frame back a few days ago and have all the rear suspension, rear discs, rear wheels, leaf springs, and brake line up to the steering box installed. We put together the steering components and found that the tall end and tall bushing go to the frame. The short ones go to the center link. Coming together quite nicely.

I am a little pi$$ed off at Gearhead Cruizer Products right now though. They told me it takes 1 week to build a set of custom a-arms and there was 4 orders a head of me. That was at the end of November. I emailed them to see what kind of eta they had last week. They informed me that their semi-retired fabricator takes from xmass through January off and spends it in Arizona!!! That's a big difference between 4 to 5 weeks and now the reality of 8 to 9!!! We could have had the frame completely assembled with all wheels attached so the body shop could put the body back on and start the body work. Now this little problem is going to cost me 4 to 5 weeks of work on my vert. I am less than impressed. Well enough complaining. The stuff that is together looks pretty bitchin! Thanks again for trying to find that information for me.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
You have made a lot of progress so far, too bad there's the delay. I can't blame ya for being upset. Especially that long of a delay and you are like ready to roll so to speak.
Happy you figured out which went where. It had been too long since I took my old ones out to remember which went where. At least it told you on it's own kinda. :)

Deb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts