Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No thread for a comet so I parked it in the garage here. 48,000 original miles. No dents, completly rust free. Was 6 cylinder, converted to 302 roller motor.New clutch set-up, clutch petal covert for 4 speed and top loader,new clutch , pressure plate, new 4 shifter, new headers, 3.55 ricmond gear with 9 inch housing third member possy, new axles to covert 4 lugs to 5 .v8 spindle front convert ,new gas tank , fuel pick-up and sender. All work done to support a v8 motor and painted engine bay. Plastic still on seats . Nothing missing , complete. Original paint allthough places need attention. All chrome and bumpers perfict and original. clear title, needs set motor and tranny in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In such good shape I donot know what to do with it, keep or sale.Yes it is in very good shape . 48 years old and 48,000 miles. Old woman who had it died, her son got it out of the garage and let it set in the sun for a while the dummy but only discolored top and plastic seat covers are turning bad. Front seat needs attention but body looks new even under the car everywhere. I will go get it next week .

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
That would be hard to part with once I had it.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason he is selling is open heart surgery and everyday above ground is good he said. Has too many projects to ever finish and he is gona use money to finish a nice mustang. He said he didnot want to leave this world and all his projects for his wife to worry about selling . He bought this to build for he had a 64 comet when he was young and showed me a pic of his that was red.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got to be at the right place at the right time. And with the $$$$ to get it.
Probably. 35 years ago I had to sell every car and 427 I had collected for I needed the money , story of my life. 30 years later I decided not getting any younger and went back to doing what I enjoyed. Started with alittle money and started buying any ford parts and reselling. Money I used I put back into parts. After 5 years I collected alot but mostly one tends to wish to keep everything and to progress cannot fall in love with nothing, so I resell it. Very hard to watch things keepable go out the driveway even though ya got the money in hand. Money does not mean everything even though I keep myself needing it all the time. My trouble is wanting to keep stuff like this comet. DAG I hate to let it go after I finish it but without selling cannot look other things. It sucks to need money all the time and having to sell after a great find. Is a great hobby and money maker, fun as well but I hate the selling watching stuff leave.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was listed nowhere. From a speed shop I been buying motors from for years. I bought so many he gace me a deal I could not refuse. Put myself in a small bind is what I did. Course I stay that way.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going after this comet as soon as I can take time from work to go. Anyone intrested in this car it will be for sale. Just donot know if a 427 will be in or a 302 roller engine. No I donot know the total price with the 427 . With the 302 around 8000. Comes with new headers, new aluim radiator, new 355 richmond posi gears, rebuilt engine, top loader 4 speed, new clutch and pressure plate, new 5 lug back axles, new front 5 lug spindles,New gas tank coated inside have to look and see what else. Car does not need restoring. Has 48,000 miles very clean rust free completly, no dents nowhere. Someone hit me for selling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.